May 05, 2009

Sean's surgery

Sean had his surgery date on 23/4/09.It was a scary morning for both myself and Jerry but not Sean yet as he wasn't really aware what was going on other than we telling him that the doctor is going to remove some worms from throat, so that he can have more ice creams and chocolates when he recovers. Of course he willingly follow suit.

After registration and consultation, we waited for quite a while before the doctor gave him a General Anaesthetic which will make him sleep. He was still very co-operative when we told him to breath from the mask, as we tried to relates it to his Buzz LightYear mask, if you watch Toy story.And after a while he driffed off. My tears roll down automatically when i see him dozing off innocently as I just felt like I have misused his trust for me.

Half hour later the Surgeon came to inform us that everything was alright, the surgery was successful and told us to wait for the nurse to call us to receive Sean.We were very anxious to see him ,every seconds seems forever, at that moment we just felt that we have to see him immediately.

Shortly we were led to a room where all the kids were place after their surgery.Before i even reach there I heard Sean's crying. I think he is in trauma, feeling unsure and unsecured not knowing what is happening to him. As he cried and screamed, blood just kept oozing out from his nose, as when he screamed he tends to aggitate the wound thus leads to blood flowing out. I quickly ran to calm him down,I
could feel his pain, my heartache, my tears just rolled down uncontrollably.The nurse had to give him another shot of anaesthetic.

He was half awake and half driffting off to sleep again. I curddled him, and gave him all the assurance that we will be by his side and that he will be safe.Slowly he went back to sleep. Then they arranged the ward for him and transfer us to the room.

I am glad is over, and i would like to thanks everybody for showing their care and concerns to Sean througout the whole period.


This is Sean innocently not knowing what's going on ahead of him (before surgery)



Sean after his surgery.


1 comment:

Alex Yap said...

It must be really tough for you.