June 13, 2007

My First Day In Childcare


1 Schoolbag with an extra sets of clothing in case I dirty the one that I am wearing and I am all ready for school.....Yeah!!!!!!The bag seems abit too big for me but mummy say that i can use it longer till i attend kinder so it's more value for money. I think mummy is more of cheapskate.Sigh....

Anyway I still like my new Bob the Builder schoolbag. Mummy woke me up at about 8.30am. Fed me milk, changed me and we all left for the school. My school is call the ABC Learning Center located at Preston East just about 7 minutes walk from our house.

I didnt do well for my first day there. I was happy playing initially, that's because mummy is still in the toddler room. But after a while I realised she wasn't in the room anymore so i started to cry real loud. I stop for a while, because I am being distracted by the outdoor activities. All kids are allowed to go and play at their outdoor play area for about 20mins before lunch time. So because there are interesting things to play at the outdoor area so I forgotten about mummy for awhile.
But when we were ask to go back to our room, I start my crying again, so i skip the lunch. Mummy was saying that she can really see the hard time those caretaker were having when they tried to pacify me. Since I am not eating, they fed me with a bottle of milk and pat me for awhile I just fell asleep.
Sleep for about 2hours, I woke up played with 1 of the caretaker. She is a chinese, so she is able to speak in cantonese with mummy. Then i started to cry again, nothing seems to be able to stop me from crying so Mummy got no choice but to appear again in the room ( because all the while mummy is in the center hiding because she doesn't want me to know she is around hoping that i can quickly adapt to the environment without her around but also worried that things might not work out well at least she is around)We played in the room for a while and had our afternoon tea before I left. Mum decided to leave abit earlier because she is also worried that if i stay there too long crying I may start to dislike that place or even have phobia coming next time. So she just doesn't want to force me instead giving me more time to adapt to a new change in my lifestyle.
Mum: Personally I feel that the staff there are good, the way they approach the kids. I can see that the kids there are more independent compare to Sean probably because they are there for a longer time already and probably also because of the culture and brought up. Long and short i think i have chosen a correct place for Sean, hope that he can learn from the rest of the kids there.



Some of the pictures taken, see how busy is Sean initially before I left the room (pic 1,2 3). Sweep the floor, cook for the kids. haha.... The last photo(pic 4) is abit blur because i took it from outside the classroom where there is a glass window in between.


No comments: